[CAUT] Pulley keys.

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:08:14 -0700

On 3/25/05 10:22 AM, "Roger Jolly" <roger.j@sasktel.net> wrote:

> Hi Fred
>=20
>>  like, say tite-bond (how would I know that?)   Oh my! did you you do th=
at
>> silly thing.   I would never do that......... again.(G)

Hey, I=B9ll try most anything that seems like it might work, and will save
some time and effort =AD with a bit of discretion as to what piano I try it
on. Which is one reason I love university work. Lots of pianos to experimen=
on where nobody will notice if it goes wrong.
    On the subject of sizing BR holes using a BR pin chucked in a drill, I
have to agree with Mannino. I=B9ve tried it and haven=B9t had any luck. Tried a=
various speeds and lengths of time (=3D heat, size, ironing effect). Bottom
line, like Don, I think the hole has to be tapered from above, and the only
way I can figure to do that is with an easer from above. 3 mm or so of
cylindrical material the size of the pin is too much. 1 mm is about just
right. (Oh, I used these simple-minded metric numbers because I was writing
with Roger in mind. For the more intellectual on the list, who like to
exercise their minds deciphering fractions, that would be about 1/8=B2 and
about 3/64=B2. The English system of measurement is such a wonderful heritage=
,
I hope we never abandon it <G>).
Regards,
Fred Sturm