[CAUT] Baldwin Info

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK@missouri.edu
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:02:37 -0600

Avery,

I rebuilt a Baldwin for my church some years ago that sounds similar to the
one you describe.  It is a 5'7" with a 20 note bass, and six wound tenor
notes.  It was built in the 1920s, and has the old style copper or brass
"House of Baldwin" medallion pressed into a crest in the plate.

The serial number should be stamped into the back of the belly rail, toward
the treble side.  If it is preceded by a letter, that is probably the model
number.  The number on the cheeks & keyslip is not the SN.

BTW, does it have a metal wippen rail?  If so, that would also tie it to the
1920s.  I don't think Baldwin did that for very long.

Ken Z.