[CAUT] Re: Leads, Magnets, Springs, etc.

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:24:07 -0600

I got this response from the inventor of the magnetic system used by
Fazioli and others. His new invention
or application of magnets to piano action is called "Magnetic Friction
Reduction". This is viewable at
the inventor's website as peviously posted. The new information is
about retrofitting an action
to this system.

While the cost is less than the previous system used in the Fazioli, it
seems to me it would be less costly if replacing whippens to go with the
new Turbo-whippens w/assist springs, rather than buy a set of new
whippens, and this retrofit kit, and have to retrofit each whippen AND
hammer shank. I think as nice as it sounds, I'll have to pass. Until
someone manufactures replacement parts w/the magnets already installed,
at
a price comparable to a set of turbo whippens, I don't think this is a
cost effective way to go. Maybe one
of you deep pockets guys will give it a try and report back?

Anyhow, here's the hot poop on this hot and magnetic topic:

The MFR system is indeed available as retrofit kit. The retrofit kit
contains magnets, magnets already glued on the adjustment screws, two
magnet positioning tools and glue. An mounting instruction manual is
also available and will be send by e- mail. The price is Euro 600,00,
exclusive transportation costs. The estimated time needed to install the
system is about 1 or 2 working days. The kit can be ordered by the firm
Evert Snel: e-mail: info@evertsnel.nl I hope I have sufficiently
informed you, if not let me know. Best regards, Hans Velo H.J. Velo
Prins Bernhardlaan 68 3738 DR Maartensdijk The Netherlands tel.: ++31
(0)346 211820 fax.: ++31 (0)346 211820

http:/home.hetnet.nl/~velo68

This transmission contains information belonging to H.J. Velo and may
be confidential and/or legally privileged.

FYI,
Richard Adkins
Coe College
Cedar Rapids, IA