[CAUT] Re: Leads, Magnets, Springs, etc.

Chris Solliday solliday@ptd.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:52:35 -0500

The other cost effective, and easier to install, and MUCH easier to =
regulate option is the Miracle-Wip from Pianotek or Pacific. These are =
made by Tokiwa and have excellent centers, adjustable heel positions =
forward aand back in a slot, etiher angled or straight and once you have =
used an adjustment screw for setting the weight you probably won't =
settle for anything else. Chris Solliday =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Adkins=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 2:24 PM
  Subject: [CAUT] Re: Leads, Magnets, Springs, etc.

  I got this response from the inventor of the magnetic system used by =
Fazioli and others. His new invention
  or application of magnets to piano action is called "Magnetic Friction =
Reduction". This is viewable at
  the inventor's website as peviously posted. The new information is =
about retrofitting an action
  to this system.

  While the cost is less than the previous system used in the Fazioli, =
it seems to me it would be less costly if replacing whippens to go with =
the new Turbo-whippens w/assist springs, rather than buy a set of new =
whippens, and this retrofit kit, and have to retrofit each whippen AND =
hammer shank. I think as nice as it sounds, I'll have to pass. Until =
someone manufactures replacement parts w/the magnets already installed, =
at
  a price comparable to a set of turbo whippens, I don't think this is a =
cost effective way to go. Maybe one
  of you deep pockets guys will give it a try and report back?

  Anyhow, here's the hot poop on this hot and magnetic topic:

  The MFR system is indeed available as retrofit kit. The retrofit kit =
contains magnets, magnets already glued on the adjustment screws, two =
magnet positioning tools and glue. An mounting instruction manual is =
also available and will be send by e- mail. The price is Euro 600,00, =
exclusive transportation costs. The estimated time needed to install the =
system is about 1 or 2 working days. The kit can be ordered by the firm =
Evert Snel: e-mail: info@evertsnel.nl I hope I have sufficiently =
informed you, if not let me know. Best regards, Hans Velo H.J. Velo =
Prins Bernhardlaan 68 3738 DR Maartensdijk The Netherlands tel.: ++31 =
(0)346 211820 fax.: ++31 (0)346 211820=20

  http:/home.hetnet.nl/~velo68=20

  This transmission contains information belonging to H.J. Velo and may =
be confidential and/or legally privileged.=20

  FYI,
  Richard Adkins
  Coe College=20
  Cedar Rapids, IA