[CAUT] Story & Clark Prelude 152

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:56:41 -0700

Hi Clarence,
Which pedal?
It really makes a difference to know.
Two items come to mind to look for being that two have already looked =
for the problem and I PRESUME that  they lubricated the leather where =
the rod makes contact.
!. The sos. ped. hanger brackets if too tight will resonate a rather =
loud squall. Lube with Goose Juice or other light oil.
2. A few days ago Roger Jolly mentioned putting a screw in the dag to =
locate the action for quick voicing. One Samick that I serviced groaned =
on shift, and had the screw. The cure was to turn the screw a half turn =
in, but to be sure I lubricated with a heavy greese.

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clarence Zeches=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:56 PM
  Subject: [CAUT] Story & Clark Prelude 152

  I received a call from a music store about a squeaking pedal on a new =
Story & Clark Prelude 152 baby grand.  Two other tech's have looked at =
it and have not been able to find the problem.  This piano is made in =
China, it has the coil springs above the trap work against the piano.  I =
will be going to look at this next week.  Anyone had any experience with =
this problem on these pianos?  I am usually able to find these problems, =
but any suggestions would be appreciated.

  =20

  Clarence Zeches

  =20