[CAUT] was re:magnets etc,now Tokiwa parts

Graham dcgrpt@earthlink.net
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:44:15 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hi all:I have also experienced the same problem Mark Dierauf described with Tokiwa parts in the past. However, I was recently persuaded to use them on a 1920s M&H, and the pinning was VERY much better than before. Bob Marinelli will tell you that they DID have a problem, which he believes is now corrected. That said, it is always best to use parts that you have confidence in, and anytime you use a new supplier it is best to use them on a piano close at hand, just in case.  I did also have center problems with Renner parts for awhile here at NIU, made more maddening by the fact that only 8-10 shanks would seize (or the pins would walk out), but that was several years ago.

David Graham, RPT