[CAUT] Story & Clark Prelude 152

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:41:42 -0700

On 3/31/05 1:44 AM, "Ed Sutton" <ed440@mindspring.com> wrote:

> A few weeks ago I tuned one where the squeak was in the rubber cup in the
> pedal heel.  I squirted some Pro-lube in the cup and the squeak stopped.
> Pro-lube grease might have been better.

I find it better to remove the rubber cap and replace with two short, narro=
strips of leather, laid crosswise in the hole (a tip I got from someone els=
on this list). A bit of powdered teflon on the leather for luck. I=B9ve found
that those rubber cap squeaks almost always come back after lubrication,
sometimes fairly quickly. Haven=B9t yet had a squeak with two strips of
leather.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico