[CAUT] unusual action

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Fri, 13 May 2005 11:49:53 -0500

I've just looked at an older Challen baby grand. This was in a dark corner
of a garage, and I couldn't see a serial#, 1920's perhaps?

The action has regulating buttons attached to a heavy wooden rest-rail cloth
at mid-point to the shanks. After that, I was more concerned with the fact I
couldn't get the action back in the piano. (!) (I think the block was
delaminated in the bass)

In any case, can someone identify the action (I think I've seen it in other
U.K. pianos; Brimsmead, etc.) and I wonder if there is a site on-line where
I could study one?

thanks,

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University