[CAUT] Steinway Technical

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Wed Aug 2 07:28:52 MDT 2006

Thanks for all the responses.

This keyboard was quite messed up.  I had to completely revamp the
key height as it was different end to end and the key-frame was not
bedded.  Amazing a piano can get delivered like this.  I did follow
the flitz with ProLube.  I'll have to keep an eye on the "gummy"
issue.  This is to become a yearly service for this piano.

Thanks to Fred Sturm on the fine-key-level method.  Much like the
Yamaha method, I used my long one-needle voicing tool to lift the
accelerating thingys.

Someone has probably done this already but I discovered that the
ratchet for my close quarters screw driver works well to set the
let-off on this piano.  Maybe a little tight getting on and off in
certain positions but it sure beats pulling the action out.

Andrew Anderson