[CAUT] becoming a university tech. HELP!

Don Mannino DMannino at kawaius.com
Fri Jun 30 14:42:35 MDT 2006

Daniel,

I wouldn't be surprised if the people in the office which wrote this
information haven't a clue either.  This is probably generic language
for general bid requests for everything from window cleaning to new
building construction.  If this were a proposal for a single piano
rebuilding, then you would provide an itemized list of the parts to be
used, extra costs related to the job (moving, etc). and options (higher
price for genuine HG. Bay parts, for instance).

Prepare a bid based on the number of pianos and the relative condition
of the pianos, plus the number of services per year on each piano.
Specify in the contract that your prices are for regular maintenance
only and do not include parts or major reconditioning / rebuilding work.

Then include a paragraph stating that additional work on the pianos may
be required beyond the contract terms from time to time, and these would
be estimated and contracted on a per-job basis.

Good luck!

Don Mannino

  _____