[CAUT] Rebuilding Value

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Mar 10 10:23:37 MST 2006

At 11:47 AM 3/10/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/10/2006 10:12:24 AM Central Standard Time,
>hoffsoco at luther.edu writes:
>If you replace one broken plain wire string with wire purchased from a
>supply house, is it still a Steinway?
>

>Conrad Hoffsommer
>
>Even though we attend a week long training session at the factory,
>Steinway is reluctant to allow us to advertise we are "factory
>trained."  So I guess we could argue that not only is the string not a
>"genuine Steinway" string, the work was performed by someone other than a
>"factory trained technician."
>
>Wim

Wim,

This whole thing is an example of an advertising slogan morphing into
religion. For a Steinway to retain it's identity, it must make the hajj to
New York and be born again. I fear, my friend, that you and I will never
attain the high priesthood.

An anonymous Pharrkirche(sp?) custodian.
[not even qualified to spell it]