[CAUT] Rebuilding Value

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 09:47:09 MST 2006

In a message dated 3/10/2006 10:12:24 AM Central Standard Time,
hoffsoco at luther.edu writes:

If you  replace one broken plain wire string with wire purchased from a
supply  house, is it still a Steinway?

Conrad  Hoffsommer

Even though we attend a week long training session at the factory,  Steinway
is reluctant to allow us to advertise we are "factory  trained."  So I guess
we could argue that not only  is the string not a "genuine Steinway" string,
the work was performed  by someone other than a "factory trained technician."

Wim