[CAUT] Chickering Quarter Grand

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 22:03:43 MST 2006

At a small college that I  just added as a new
customer, I  tuned a Chickering Quarter Grand today.

I pulled the action to try to improve regulation on
some of the most offensive notes and ran into a set-up
that is unfamiliar to me.

No cheek blocks: what is there to hold the action in
the correct position - just  the dags and the keyslip?

Hammer Flanges and shanks at an angle similar to the
back half of the key stick.

Wippen flanges - I couldn't see them clearly beneath
the hammer rest rail but the wippens were very wobbly
side to side so much so that they were rubbing. Didn't
have time to dig into them and see why.

Were these a decent little grand in their day?

Bob Hull