[CAUT] Old Chickerings

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Tue Mar 21 10:46:35 MST 2006

Hi guys

Just wanted to comment that we have 2 of these  floating around our area
of western Norway, and they are about as delightfull a small grand as
I've ever run into.  I didnt find them particularilly difficult to work
on at all when it comes down to it.  One of these here I had the
pleasure of revamping... new hammers and shanks, lots of reworking of
other existing action parts... and one of my first successes at french
polishing.  A really nice little instrument.

Cheers
RicB
Jim,

As usual you make some good points. I, also, am a fan of the small
Chickerings
and would like to add just one observation.

While I have listened to many technicians criticize these pianos because
they
are designed somewhat differently and working on them takes a certain
degree of
creativity, it is rare to encounter an owner who does not love his or her
Chickering Quarter Grand. It is rare to find an owner willing to part
with one.

Del