[CAUT] Re. Flight of Broken Bass String (PS)

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Mar 26 23:30:43 MST 2006

At 11:32 PM 3/26/2006 -0500, Jim wrote:
>So, Susan, per your description, I'd put Marcus in the "poking" type of
>player, style-wise.

Very familiar ground, though I haven't tuned for him. "The East Side Church
of God in Christ" (note that the title has more than six words) introduced
me to the two types of pedalling and the need to carry a set of hexocore
strings in the car. One time I got there, after the little delay (because I
was ordering by mail back then, instead of online), with six replacement
bass strings for them, and in the meantime they had broken seven more.

<g> makes one a bit nostalgic ... I moved away from them, but they
hopefully are breaking strings in their familiar old way. Actually, I think
that a place like this needs a digital keyboard with a good volume control
BAD.

Susan