[CAUT] Hammer Alignment

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Mar 27 18:30:57 MST 2006

Do they always end up twisting in the same direction?  One thought is that
if you burn the shanks for straightening at the initial installation and you
hold the heat gun, say, in your right hand, you might be heating one side of
the shank more than the other which might create some unequal tension in the
shank that might play out over the period of a few weeks or months.