[CAUT] Hammer Alignment

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Mar 30 07:38:43 MST 2006

Wim,

I saw them burning shanks at Steinway. The explanation was that the
shank is sugar maple and heat makes the "sugar" somewhat liquefied for a
moment and then quickly cools into the new twist. I've been doing this
for years w/o problems. It's permanent. However, if you have too much to
twist I could see removing the hammer, etc.

Just my two bits.

Jim Busby BYU