[CAUT] Pianos for piano performance majors

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:39:16 MST 2006

List,

I've noticed that several of you have practice rooms "locked" or
reserved for piano performance majors. Many reserve Steinways for those
rooms, but isn't a diversity of brands better? We currently have 6 of
these rooms and have the following breakdown;

2 Steinway Ms

1 Yamaha C3

1 M&H A

1 Kawai GS-40

1 Baldwin L

All these kept as optimal as possible.

Any arguments for going all S&S? I'd especially like to hear from those
of you who majored in piano performance.

Thanks.

Jim Busby BYU