[CAUT] Pianos for piano performance majors

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Fri Mar 31 12:15:56 MST 2006

Hi Jim,

When I was on staff at Illinois Wesleyan, the Vice-president for financial affairs was very happy to be able to use the School of Music's Steinway inventory as collateral on a loan for the university.

I thought the difficulty of tuning the 1098s had been removed.  What year did they start doing that?

The school I graduated from had Steinways and Yamahas.  All Steinway on stage, but mixed in faculty studios and piano major practice rooms.  A lot of the students prefered the Yamahas which were in better shape than the Steinways.

Barbara Richmond, RPT