[CAUT] Bass bridge removal

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 08:47:06 MDT 2006

Hi List,

On a small grand we're rebuilding there is a crack
that runs along close to the side (the rim side) of
the bass bridge and actually under the length of the
bridge.  SB replacement is not in the picture but
epoxy in the cracks will be used.  We've dried the
board down.

Do we need to pull the bridge in order to secure that
crack that is underneath the bridge?  If so, what
methods do you recommend?  There are four screws
underneath, and I know some form of moisture and heat
will soften the glue joint, but I would like some
specific recommendations on this.

The narrowly designed bridge has a small "apron"
offsetting it for longer speaking lengths and or
giving it a connection to a more flexible part of the
SB.

Thanks.

Bob Hull