[CAUT] Capstan Repositioning

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue May 2 13:32:08 MDT 2006

<< My tentative plan right now is to remove a piece of wood from the keystick,

about 1/2 x 1/2 inch, and glue in an insert for the new hole.  I was

thinking of using poplar for the insert.  Since I1m moving the hole such a

short distance (max 1/82), I wouldn1t think simply plugging with a dowel and

redrilling would work very well.  Any comments, criticisms, or dire

warnings? >>

Greetings,
        I would consider filling the holes with West System epoxy, mixed
heavily with their microlite faring filler.  You can experiment until you get the
density just about the same as the pine in the key. Then, you can drill
anywhere you want to.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT