[CAUT] Touch ups.. (and I ain't talking about makeup)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri May 5 05:24:55 MDT 2006

At 03:13 PM 5/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Mr. Conrad..
>
>Aside from your wardrobe malfunction (sneaker untied?)  :)

That could only be the plumbers cleavage the audience might see as I lean
in and have my head stuck just above the strings so's I can hear the false
beats over the din and through my earplugs.

>When do you DO these?

When the tech rider requires it or I am in attendence.

>Which types of recitals?? (Just solo piano??)

See above, but guest artists, mostly. I gave up going to most faculty
recitals years ago. Something about trying to have a life, I think...

The most fun was a number of years ago when I had to touch up a
harpsichord, portativ organ and piano between performances of the Christmas
program while the first audience of 1600 was leaving and the next was
coming in.  I insist on a comp aisle seat ticket fairly close to stage so's
I can zip up and check the situation w/o "going up the down staircase".  I
always joke with the box office manager by saying "no tickee, no tunee"
when I'm getting my comp tickets... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.