[CAUT] touch-ups

John Minor jminor at uiuc.edu
Fri May 5 15:07:50 MDT 2006

If I stay for the performance and hear something go out during
the first half I may go backstage to ask the performer if
he/she would like the piano touched-up. Most are happy for the
offer, and I think it gives the concert going public an
impression of the importance of our work.

I once asked Andre Watts if he would like the piano touched up
during intermission and he said,

"No thank you. It would give the wrong impression."

John Minor
University of Illinois