[CAUT] touch-ups

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Fri May 5 16:16:25 MDT 2006

Hey John,

Are you ready to laugh?  When I first started in business I was associated
with a Steinway dealer (1982-1984).  Of course, I was relegated to the
Wurlitzers and Kimballs and any other lowly trade-ins.  This dealer took
advantage of me in that he expected me to "mind the store" if I was there
tuning.  I knew the store was dealing with some artist, because they had
tried to deliver a Steinway grand for the artist to practice on in his hotel
room, but the piano wouldn't fit in the elevator.  So, they brought the
piano back and delivered a "K?" upright.  In the meantime, I was left alone
in the store, some customers (with small children) arrived  and there was no
sales person around.  If I wasn't unnerved enough, then the phone rang.  It
was Mr. Watts, wanting to talk with the dealer.  I didn't hear his name
because the toddlers were running amuck in the store making all sorts of
noise.  So, I was trying to take a message, but was having a hard time
hearing and finally I had to ask Mr. Watts, to spell his name....

I laugh every time I think of it.  He probably didn't think it was very
funny.

Barbara (could you spell you name, please?) Richmond   :-)