[CAUT] pit under floor. was Re: Dollies and projection (was Hamburg leg bolt)

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue May 9 15:01:39 MDT 2006

I am getting the picture. After I had several performers complain about
the piano moving during hard play, I made a couple of blocks to fit
under the front casters. It solved that problem, but I never thought
about using them to get a better tone. I will give it a try.

Here is another question regarding projection. We have a pit under the
main stage of the Concert Hall. I have always thought that not having
the floor solid makes a difference in the sound that comes out of the
piano. Anyone have any experience with that?

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music