[CAUT] Pinblock damage caused by CA glue?

lafargue at bellsouth.net lafargue at bellsouth.net
Wed May 10 07:13:02 MDT 2006

I confess I have seen less than 6. Sometimes, the pinblock and plate are
glued so tight that when hoisting, it will almost lift the piano.
Lifting from the tail seems to be the ticket and a hard rap with a
mallet helps to persuade. After seeing guys rap and pry at pinblocks to
remove, I'm less afraid of damaging piano, it's the plate I worry more
about.  You just have to think before you act. See you Ed.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
985.72P.IANO