[CAUT] CA/pinblock question

Rob Loomis rkloomis at earthlink.net
Fri May 12 14:30:53 MDT 2006

I've had very good luck with first penetrating epoxy 30 years ago and
thin C/A in more recent years. All responses have agreed with my
experiences. My keys to success have been thorough cleaning of top of
plate webbing, injecting droplet by droplet with hypodermic or plastic
pipette with very thin tip [stew-mac.com], ALWAYS removing action first
[as below!] And - spritzing underside of wrest plank just in case -
also staying away from plate screw holes.

The combination of one of these adhesives combined with the structure
of hardwood has been a longer enduring repair than new wood for both
wrest planks and bridge caps in many cases in my experience. Used to
use a lot of Titebond, now mostly hot hide and some C/A for hardwood
that I can never imagine anyone wanting to separate in the future.

Best of luck-

Rob Loomis, RPT

15 River Rd.
Leyden,  MA 01337-9489