[CAUT] CA/pinblock question

lafargue at bellsouth.net lafargue at bellsouth.net
Wed May 10 17:25:21 MDT 2006

  I CA a few pianos where customer won't/can't restring.  There has been
tons of discussion on this, so visit the archives.  I use EZ-Bond
(cheap, $100 min order) by the 16oz thin, get small bottles and tiny
tips to put on the bottle to pin point the application.

Careful ED....Once I was applying and the block seemed to continue to
absorb, so I kept squeezing.  When I got to the treble the CA started
dripping, no pooring out of the bass/tenor break area.  What was
happening was I was applying the CA and thought it was soaking into the
block, but it was just sitting on top of the block and slowly
moving/drifting toward the low tenor and I didn't notice until it
started coming, and it kept coming and coming. I had some kinda tight
action centers in that area for a while.   ;  )

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
985.72P.IANO