[CAUT] Rehearsal room climate swings

James Ellis claviers at nxs.net
Tue May 16 20:09:49 MDT 2006

To:  John Minor

Hi John,

The charts you attached show relative humidity swings that are absolutely
wild.  I don't think anything you can put in, on, or under the piano will
solve the problem under those conditions, expecially if there is a large
volume of air flow.  The relative humidity swing from winter to summer in
the second chart is terrible, and the temperature is not all that stable
either.  It looks to me like there is no attempt to control relative
humidity in that system.  The chart says it's bone dry in winter and soggy
in summer.  There's no way to keep a piano stable under those conditions.
I have seen some bad ones, but this one is the worst.

Sincerely, Jim Ellis