[CAUT] rehearsal room climate swings

Joel A. Jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Wed May 17 07:49:02 MDT 2006

John,

This may be a 'duh' question, but does the new system have a humidifier
on the air supply?   If they do it looks like it needs major monitoring
with  new controls and recalibration.

My suggestion is to find the tradesman who has the screwdriver
and responsible for the operation  of the
new system.  Sit down for coffee and a chat.  My guess as to the
wide swings would be that the U trades are either not allowed
to stabilize the controls of the new HVAC or that they are getting
flack from the desk jockeys that they don't need to run the
humidity system.

In my situation the tradesman had  orders from his boss not to
run the humidity because they would be running two units.
After our chat, and some tweeking heating dept. found that
they needed less heat and ran their controls at 67 degrees with
no complaints.   Combined with the 40% humidity everybody wasc
comfortable and the music faculty with piano, woodwinds and voice
were very helpful with their kudos and praise for the change.

Indeed you have a severe problem.  Hopefully not a
physical problem with no humidifiers for your building.

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI