[CAUT] rehearsal room climate swings

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri May 19 12:00:34 MDT 2006

Hi Jeff,
	The hooks I use are just the cheapest, thinnest right angle hooks I
can find. About an inch long on the threaded side, with the short
angle maybe 1/4 - 3/8". Cup hooks would be fine, but they cost more.
After screwing them in (I use a small vise grip), I give each about a
30-45 degree bend upwards in the middle of the long side with a
damper wire bending tool (the kind you put in a handle), for better
and more reliable grab of the grommets.
	My duct tape "grommets" hold up fine, but its harder to find the
hole for re-installing. With the grommet, it's very easy to feel the
grommet and hook and get it attached. I had tried grommets earlier,
using a punch and anvil method (a set also sold with the grommets,
used with a hammer, and cheaper than the pliers), but found it took
too much time and results "varied." The pliers type work real well.
One squeeze and you're done, and the results are reliable.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu