[CAUT] still another billing question

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 09:20:36 MDT 2006

Billing questions have been on the piano tech list
recently but this one has to do with college contract
work.

One of the colleges I service takes a long time every
semster to pay.  I'm still waiting for payment on this
semester's work and I finished tuning in late March.
They take 30 days from the time they get the bill
(supposedly) and they don't get the bill until the
professor signs off on it and turns it in.
It may sit on his desk for weeks before he turns it
in.  In trying to solve this problem from previous
semesters, someone in the business office said I could
send a copy of the bill directly to them, bypassing
the professor, and they would submit it as approved.
But it hasn't seemed to help.

Do you think a late fee is in order, if so, how much?
The utitlity company and phone company print on their
bills "The amount due is xxx.xx if paid by dd/mm/yyyy
and after that date it is xxx.xx" higher amount.

Out of respect for the small business or actually
micro-business man it would be nice to be paid
promptly.  My main school pays within 2 weeks of
receipt of their bill.

Bob Hull