[CAUT] colton spider dolly

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Sat May 27 09:44:05 MDT 2006

    Hi Folks:
    Here's my answer to lifting a grand to install a dolly.  Made from a discarded mechanical auto jack, I cut a piece of pipe, and had it welded  to the jack at the bottom 21 inches off the ground when retracted.  Its cheap, light, easy to store and safe.  The stand on the right is to temporarily replace a leg when the existing one needs shop repair.  It is also made from straight tubing  from a muffler shop and has adjustment holes along its length.  I've posted this to Pianotech also in case anyone might be interested.
    Mike Kurta