[CAUT] colton spider dolly

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Fri May 26 08:45:25 MDT 2006

Hey, Debra,

You can definitely install a stage truck by yourself.  I have done it a
number of times.

Buy a ³Jack-in-a-Box², or build one. I got an inexpensive hydraulic bottle
jack at the hardware store and made a post to put it on by screwing together
eight lengths of 2X4, and put a plywood cap on each end. A picture is
attached.  Jack up each leg of the piano, set the truck under it, and let it
back down.  I like to start with the back leg, but I don¹t think it matters
much which you start with.  Cut two short 2X4 scraps, 3-4² long, and set one
on the floor under each leg & truck before you let the jack down.  This will
prevent the weight of the piano making the other end of the truck lift up in
the air.  You may have to jack it back up a bit to get the block out when
you¹re done.

Perhaps this would be a good subject for a mini-technical?

Regards,
Ken Z.

--
Ken Zahringer, RPT