[CAUT] caut Digest, Vol 1090, Issue 3

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 8 08:09:29 MDT 2006

Hi Paul:
I've never used Jim Busby's method of heating and twisting off fronts, I'll have to try it sometime.  The material I use is slightly thicker than the original fronts, so I have to remove a thin slice of wood so the recovered key doesn't rub the keyslip.  I prefer using a table saw with a wooden  stop clamped to the table ahead of the blade.  This will limit the depth of the cut to wherever you like.  Use the miter guide to push the key through the blade.  Its very consistent and fast.
Mike Kurta
Auburn, NY