[CAUT] sanctuary formula

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Fri Sep 15 10:41:41 MDT 2006

Has any one every devised a formula to figure out the optimum size of
piano for a sanctuary? I realize there are a lot of variables with
this, but what I am looking for is a guide to help churches and
concert halls determine what size piano they should have. The
dealer I work for and I discussed this the other day. There are too
many churches that get too small a piano to fill the santuary, and
then wonder why the piano breaks down after a couple of years

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music