[CAUT] A BIG Piano

Rob Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:52:02 MDT 2007

A BIG PianoI've seen and read about this before some years ago.  I believe it was some sort of university funded project, I don't know where.  I think it's purpose was to build a piano with as close to perfect octaves as possible, (minimal temperament compromises).  I'm sure it sounds rather interesting.  Replacing a broken string is probably a three person job!  Obviously no wound strings.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

  Here's something you can gawk at:

  http://www.klavins-pianos.com/index_en.htm

  Has anybody heard of this guy?  I just stumbled upon the web site.  I don't know if it's any good, but it's definitely unique.

  Regards,

  Ken Z.