[CAUT] Black on Black... (Jack alignment)

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Thu Aug 9 18:31:58 MDT 2007

Fred,

I would be interested in knowing if you experience the same issues I
think Chris Soliday eluded to:  the jack back versus the jack forward
affects speed.  I agree that .5mm is a great deal of discrepancy and
should not be there.  I deal with a number of Van Cliburn finalists and
students from TCU (yes here in the Dakotas).  One of their obsessions
is speed of repetition.   I see how what you are doing can be used with
my methods.

I am always trying to tweak the performance instruments in my care and
I find jacks to be critical to the condition of the piano.

Thanks,

Tim Coates