[CAUT] disabling individual noes

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Aug 17 17:40:35 MDT 2007

Hi Alan,
    I like the front punching idea, but, in keeping with Wim¹s notion that
they might want the keys to go up and down ³naturally,² you could adjust the
jacks forward, either with the adjustment screw or possibly with a shim of
some sort (between regulating felt and spoon, or maybe between jack and
window). A shim would be easier to reverse, but it might not be stable ­
stay put. That should effectively disable the notes if the jack is adjusted
far enough.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico