[CAUT] Plate refinishing

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Aug 21 07:02:40 MDT 2007

Hi Alan,

Greg Hulme in MO does a lot of rebronzing for us and other schools and
does a great job.  You might give him a jingle @;  ghulme at kcweb.net
He sent me some powder for touch up, but only told me " a little powder
and laquer in a jar lid.  Wear a mask and don't breath!" (bad for the
lungs).  I don't know the correct ratio for doing a whole plate.  He, too,
may do it "by feel"...

Best,

Paul

Alan McCoy <amccoy at mail.ewu.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
08/20/2007 03:25 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

"College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] Plate refinishing

Hi Folks,

Has there been any recent discussion on the lists on plate refinishing? I
don't recall any on CAUT. I'm especially interested in mixing bronzing
powder into lacquer, i.e. what ratio of powder to lacquer.

Thanks.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University