[CAUT] disabling individual noes

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 09:23:43 MDT 2007

 This is indeed the kind of stuff useful to have in one's bag of tricks at a place like CalArts.? Just for the record, though, this particular situation was a private call for an artist from New York in L. A. for some performances.? He was ultimately referred to me because of my experience in the realm of realizing original tuning systems and extended techniques.? (Plus, like the guy in the Verizon ads, I've got this amazing network behind me!)

Just for the record, making the jack cheat was a bit too unreliable on soft blows (as in grazing a key that one did not intent to actually play), so in the end we went with adding cloth punchings to the front pins. Were I to do this again, I would use an arch punch with a diameter equivalent to the width of a sharp to trim down the punchings for those keys (so as not to interfere with adjacent naturals).

Cheers,

Alan Eder