[CAUT] Scientific study - Stainless wire (Help!)

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Aug 27 17:08:56 MDT 2007

Hi Daniel,

We already have data on breaking strength, tensile strength, sheering
strength, etc. but could you give me a question I could pose for
malleability and fracture time with working? Sounds good, but I'm not
sure how to word it. Stainless (Pure Sound) is MUCH more malleable, but
how can we measure it or quantify it, and what would that mean for the
technician? Just searching for a good Q. Also, when using stainless you
need to handle it a bit differently. You can't "force" it around the
hitch to make your beckets line up. I guess that's what you're asking?

Thanks,

Jim Busby BYU