[CAUT] Scientific study - Stainless wire (Help!)

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Aug 27 18:30:42 MDT 2007

Hi Jurgen,

You're right. I can't see why Americans don't use it, except that they
haven't used it. I "went out on a limb" and experimented with it on one
piano. Now after about 3 years I'll use it EVERY time I can!

I think the tuning stability has to do with the malleability that Daniel
mentioned. It's absolutely amazing to me that it takes only two or three
tunings on a newly strung piano and it's stable, ready to play without
any "prepping" (bending, etc.) Besides the stainless factor I think this
is the biggest reason why I use it. Instant stability. Good question.
Thanks.

Jim Busby BYU