[CAUT] Long term grand storage

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Aug 28 06:48:11 MDT 2007

Joel,

Roger Gable in Everett WA has a fleet of Yamaha grands he rents out...some
of them don't go out that often (once a year)  and he stores scores of
them for customers.  I know some of them have been there for years and he
is probably the tech who services them once they're back in service.  His
number is 425-252-5000.

Hope this helps.

Paul

"Joel A. Jones" <jajones2 at wisc.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
08/27/2007 06:34 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

College University Technicians and <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] Long term grand storage

All,

Anyone have any experience with any bad results from long term
storage of a grand on it's side??   My situation is a grand that is
new, but has been in storage 2 years and will likely remain there
another 3 or more.

I'm wondering what happens to the felt bushings?
Is there any relief  for the weight of the hammer on the bushings?
Does anyone have any results of damage caused by this length of storage?

Thanks in advance for your experiences.

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI