[CAUT] CAUT] Scientific study - Stainless wire (Help!)

Dempsey Jr., Paul E dempsey at marshall.edu
Tue Aug 28 13:50:21 MDT 2007

I have just finished two Steinways, a B and an M using PS stainless. The
M got a Wapin bridge, the B bridge was re-notched and re-pinned.

I am initially impressed with the look and sound of this wire,
especially the light speed stability. I encountered no breakage or any
other problems, routine stringing jobs.

I have another M to do. The first two I used Arledge bass strings
(conventional) but I'm thinking I'll have him do the bass strings for
the third using PS core wire.

The "sing" on the M is substantially improved...Wapin or stainless? Or
both?

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Piano Technician Sr.
Marshall University