[CAUT] Bosendorfer on wheels

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Aug 29 21:21:33 MDT 2007

>  (The legs actually look like they have never had casters. I don't know that story.)
>
> Kent

Is the leg bored out for one? If not, bore a hole of
appropriate size for the following. A 1/2" bolt, inserted from
underneath through the dolly arm and leg "corral", whatever
the nomenclature, through a wood block, fitting the corral,
and of an appropriate thickness to produce the desired overall
height, through a T nut installed in the top of this block,
and extending maybe 1.5" up into the leg. Tighten the bolt to
clamp the block to the dolly arm, and set the piano (leg) on
the bolt to keep the leg on the block. End of problem with the
existing dolly and a minimum of cash, blood, brain cell, and
angst outlay for a workable solution. It won't matter how tall
or short the block is for stability, because it's clamped to
the dolly arm with the bolt and T nut, and the bolt spears the
leg to keep that where it belongs. If anyone manages to break
this setup or bounce the legs off of the bolt, nothing is safe
and we'd be better advised to sell insurance for a living.

My take,
Ron N