[CAUT] Bosendorfer on wheels

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Aug 30 05:05:40 MDT 2007

We have all of our performance pianos on stage dollies.? One pianist likes to sit particularly low in the saddle (told him he should get and carry with him a set of shot bench legs).? He observed that on one of our pianos, he could not get low enough relative to the height of the keyboard.? We measured the height of the keyboards from the floor of various pianos and, sure enough, the one in question WAS the lowest, by a fraction of an inch.? When we finally got around to installing shims between the dolly arms and casters, we didn't tell him. He noticed right away, though (and thanked us profusely!).

Alan Eder