[CAUT] bid savvy

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Thu Feb 1 11:27:23 MST 2007

Quoting Fred Sturm <fssturm at unm.edu>:

> On Feb 1, 2007, at 9:49 AM, Willem Blees wrote:
>
> > Fred, one of the things CAUT can do is ask PTG to do an in depth
> > survey of the income of piano tuners.
>
> What ever happened to the results of that last survey we did as an
> organization? I think it was Marketing that initiated it, and it took
>
> place, I think, fall of 2005 or so. It seemed to cover a lot of very
>
> useful areas.
> Regards,
> Fred Sturm
> University of New Mexico
> fssturm at unm.edu

The last survey wasn't put out by the PTG. It was put out by a
teacher's organization. It was basically asking who our clients are,
and what level of playing they had. There was almost nothing related
to income of piano tuners.

Three years ago the Board asked the Economic Affairs Committee, of
which I am a member, to put together an income survey. Randy Potter
and I spent a considerable amount of time on it. It was given to the
Board, but to my knowledge, nothing was ever done with it. (someone
from the Board care to comment?)

The only other income survey that I remember was taken about 10 or 12
years ago. But it didn't cover the details Randy I put together.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music