[CAUT] bid savvy

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Thu Feb 1 12:51:25 MST 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:27 PM, Willem Blees wrote:

> Three years ago the Board asked the Economic Affairs Committee, of
> which I am a member, to put together an income survey. Randy Potter
> and I spent a considerable amount of time on it. It was given to the
> Board, but to my knowledge, nothing was ever done with it. (someone
> from the Board care to comment?)

It was sent out as an insert in the January 2006 Journal (just happen
to have it here on my desk).  It could also be completed online, and
I got at least three email notices during the month of January from
the company conducting the survey.  But by the time I had a chance to
calculate my income, mileage and other costs and went online to do
the survey, the web site indicated that the survey was closed.  I
didn't check into it, but assumed it was too late to mail in the one
from the Journal as well.

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina