[CAUT] bid savvy

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 1 20:34:00 MST 2007

On 1/31/07, <lafargue at bellsouth.net> quoth:

>Sorry if this is a duplicate, My other computer doesn't appear to be
>posting this msg.....
>Can anyone advise me on advising a university here on how to word a
>bid to techs and maximize the chance of getting what they want as
>far as level of work.

Hey Lance, they need to specify technicians in Algiers only, if they
want a good job voicing and regulating......

You cant bid it out, they need to audition people, talk to
candidates, find the right person. I assume its UNO you're referring
to, only state schools need to bid the contracts, right? If they hire
you, will they get you or an assistant? If they hire me, will I be
there or will I sub out the work to someone they have never seen? Are
they willing to pay enough to get a good result? Generally, no. You
know this as well as I do. What you want is a way for them to phrase
a bid so that you are the only one who can respond and thus they can
pay you enough to make it worth your while. Im not sure it can be
done, but good luck!
--
--Dave

Algiers Piano Works